среда, 24 октября 2012 г.

To be or not to be ... a teacher: that is the question.


When I finished school, I faced with a difficult choice – my future profession. I knew that no one but me will make the right choice.


            At first I chose the profession of psychologist, but I began to learn a foreign language later and in the future a will be a teacher of foreign language.
            Looking back and remembering all the years spent at school desk, I realize that I didn’t like to go to school. My parents have monitored my progress and talked to with my teachers. And maybe that why my marks was good in school.
For me it was torture to go to school. Now parents completely trust me, besides, I’m happy telling them how my day was and what progress I made.
            I chose Pedagogical University and didn’t regret about it. I understand that teaching children is a big responsibility. Honestly I don't want to go to work at school, but I
realized that is necessary if I want to have experience.
 I would prefer to work at school which I graduated.  It's for me as the second home.
           This work scares me a little bit. I hope to justify people's hopes and to be a worthy representative of my university and the profession.
           I want win the respect and realize myself in every possible brunches.
What about the problems? I will have crossing that bridge when I come to it. I have no doubt that the work brings me pleasure.
          Well, fighting!    

7 комментариев:

  1. Irine, thanks for sharing your thoughts on the issue of teaching. I enjoyed getting to know you better whilst reading it.
    Still, you've put me at a puzzle .) You are both willing and unwilling to take up teaching as a future career. Did I get you right?
    Had your attitude to school changed after you had your first practice?
    What makes you feel scared of schools?
    Thanks in advance,
    Wee Teacher

    ОтветитьУдалить
    Ответы
    1. Yes you get it right.)
      I know that I NEED to work at school - it's very interesting.)
      But at the same time, I am afraid to make a mistake in something and don’t manage with my duties.
      Ooooh, it was an unforgettable experience, but I wasn’t able to know the charm of teaching as more because I was just a bystander.
      Again, I am very scared and don’t like to be wrong, and in our work cannot escape it. When I am wrong it makes me feel helpless and think that I don’t know anything.)
      Maybe that's why I'm afraid the school.)
      Thank for you comment and corrects.)

      Удалить
    2. We cannot know everything. When I started my teaching career, my greatest "what if.." that troubled me was the following: "What if I won't know the answer?" That was what scared me most. But then I realised how silly it was of me to think that a teacher must know every sigle thing. We teach and are tought by our students at the very same time. I have learnt a lot from my students personally. So you should not be so scared of that.
      Moreover, there's always that special feeling of ease and comfort that one feels when comunicating with students.At least that's what I feel.

      Удалить
  2. Dear girls (let me call you so), the discissing porblem is really very vital, especially for those who get used doing everything perfectly. Dear Irin, you can be very surprised at learning that ALL teachers at the beginning of their carrier are VERY afraid of doing something wrong or not beeing successeful at the job. You are quite right saying that only experience can help and believe us nobody throw you out of the university without giving you initial knowledge and practice of how to teach. What you can do is just to use these opportunities, to learn as much as possible, to participate in professional communities (or at least read what professionals write discussing nowadays educational porblems). To cut a long story short, the more you know about your job, the less scared you are :) and you have at least three years of studying at the university and the whole life to do it :) The most precious thing about teaching is that you have to learn all the time if you want to be a professional and move with the times, and it's great (what is more, it's the part of your character, isn't it). Even the fact that you are the first to create such a wonderful blog in English proves that you have all the necessary qualities to become an ideal teacher :)

    ОтветитьУдалить
    Ответы
    1. I'm absolutely with you in your belief that it's never too late to learn. I'd even say the more you teach, the more you're being tought by whom you teach and HOW you teach, for we always gain experience from self-reflections.

      Удалить
  3. That's it. I just like to add that "experience" is a key word here. Beeing afraid to start, you'll never learn how to do it. Irin,do you remember Benjumin once said at one of our meetings :" You must just dive...and swim" :) He spoke about learning languages...but I think it concerns anything a person does.
    My special thanks to Alena Vladimirovna for such a great idea of suggesting the group making their own blogs...but where's the author? We are waiting for your comments and new posts, Irin :)

    Sincerely yours,
    Ekaterina Nikolaevna

    ОтветитьУдалить
    Ответы
    1. Hehe, there's nothing special Alena Vlasdimirovna did! ;) Still, I'm flattered to see my student's enthusiasm about posting her thoughts in a blog.

      Удалить